Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Humble Run

My long run this past weekend was humbling. I ran very slow and it was difficult to do the 16 miles. I wanted to quit at the first water stop and head back to the gym to finish my workout, but I knew that wouldn't happen. I would end up heading straight to my car and then couch. I battled most of the time between the angel and the devil. Should I quit? Keep going? If you could be in my brain I'm sure you would find it amusinhg. Anyway it did past the time and before long I was on my way back to the gym. The course was challenging and my legs just didn't want to cooperate, but, I did them...all sixteen. The last three miles were a combination of walking and shuffling.
I got back in the groove on Monday and did my Yasso workout (3 sets 800 meters at race pace for a total of 4 miles) and my last chance workout at FitCorp. Yesterday a nice easy run after work.
Today I'm going to go for 8 hilly miles today. I hope my legs cooperate!

No comments:

Post a Comment